Thursday, May 28, 2009

well hello there, stranger!

"Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they're gone."

-Noah, the Notebook



Some may fully disagree with the meaning of that quote. Upon reading it, others may get a far-away look in their eyes, remembering all the details and aspects of their first summer love... How perfect it was - the rainy days spent lounging at home, the muggy, hot days, spent splashing around in the pool, and those beautifully chilly summer nights. And how, in some strange way, summer provides the perfectness needed to fall in love. The gentle breeze, the opportunity to dive into the deep end of the pool, and that freshly cut grass smell... But mostly, summer is a time when everyone opens up, forgets the past and embraces the future, and believes for once that being themselves is not such a bad thing after all.

With summer blazing in my town, my biggest fear is that I will miss something... Something that will change my life or make my summer that much better. Yes, you are correct... I am a dreamer, a full believer in love at first sight... I'm a deep thinker, and at the same time, I appreciate the simple things in life. I find the good in everyone, see the beauty in everything... I've learned that rushing into things is not the way to go about life, and that instead, stopping to smell the roses is the way to do it.

OH! This is very much not on topic at all, but I just wanted to let my followers know (thank you all so much by the way... I wouldn't be getting where I am today if not for you comments/feedback on my photos. I appreciate you SO much.) I MADE YEARBOOK EDITOR! I really did it. It's been almost a week since my name got announced at our yearly assembly, and I'm still in awe. I can't wait to just jump right in next year, and make the 2009-2010 yearbook the best ever! As for my co-editors, I couldn't be happier with the one's chosen. I am genuinely thrilled about the opportunity, and when school starts in the fall, there will definitely be more posts about yearbook to come.

So here's to summer! The endless days at the pool, the chilly nights spent watching movies with friends, and that oh-so-needed tan! Summer is a chance to reconnect with friends from the past, and make new friends for the years to come. So wherever you are, I hope you have a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. awww congrats!!! I'm sure you'll do AMAZING! you should post some of your work here as you start to really get into it!!

    ReplyDelete