Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lion to Lamb


Welcome to March! Ahh I've been waiting for this day since school started this year in August. Why? Because every year when March rolls around, I allow myself to breathe a much needed sigh of relief, which is something I usually don't let myself do, simply because I never stop... I am always on the go and I always have something to do. But, when March comes around, I can see the end of the school year and, more importantl, SUMMER! Yes, I loooove summer. Maybe a bit too much. But, hey, what kid doesn't? I'm originally from the North, where snow is anything but uncommon. But, after moving to the South 2 1/2 years ago, I've learned that snow is something rarely seen... Here, at least. It's snowed twice in the three winters I've lived here. If that happened over the course of three winters at home, we would've all thought the world was ending! Yesterday, however, something magical happened! It SNOWED in the South! Yesss! Therefore, people freaked out, and school was canceled today! Just what I needed :) So, needless to say, I'm pumped! We took my dog, Jack, out in the snow yesterday just to see how he would react, and he barely moved. We opened the door, he ran out into our front yard, and literally when the first snowflake hit his back, he skidded to a COMPLETE halt. He whined a few times and sprinted back into the house. He's a Basset Hound/Dacshund mix, and I've never in my life seen that dog run so fast! I love him :) Anyways, snow is just WONDERFUL, don't you think? Goodness, I love it. I miss it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment