Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Favorite Quotes :)


To be honest, I am not usually a quote person. I'd rather go through life making my own quotes. Having my own precious moments... My own beautiful sunsets, kisses in the rain, happiness, and joy. I turn them into my own quotes :) These quotes however (not my own) really hit me as something beautiful. They paint images into my mind and make me wonder... about life... about love... about hope... And here they are :)

Him that I love, I wish to be free -- Even from me.

-Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Why does this quote inevitably describe my heart? I feel like it's being sold to someone who doesn't even take the time to realize it. So to him I say... Give it back! But he can't. He doesn't even know he has it. For some reason, this quote reflects everything I know about that crazy little thing called love... When you love someone, all you want is for them to be happy, even if that means they aren't with you.

I love thee, I love but thee
With a love that shall not die
Till the sun grows cold,
And the stars grow old...


-Bayard Taylor

This one is just... effortless. It's like I could say it all in a single breath. It's sounds familiar to me, too. Ooo scary :)

Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know we are not alone.

-C.S. Lewis

I breathed a sigh of relief. I'm not alone in this crazy world. And, thank goodness for that.

Why is it, when your looking for that someone, you find no one, but, once you find it, a lot more choices start showing up? But, if you leave that first love, then, they all start drifting away? Is that love's way of testing your true feelings?

-Author Unknown

Maybe they don't know who the author is because the author is ME! No, no, it's not, but ohmygosh it could be. I swear I've said these exact same words at one point. I feel like the feelings of life are inevitable... If they weren't, there wouldn't be words for them. So, when you can describe how you're feeling in words, you know someone else has felt the same way.

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.

-Author Unknown

I should remember this quote more often. Gives me strength.

...And then I carefully sealed away my heart.

-Bella from Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)

Makes me want to cry! :'( Poor Bella.

Don't frown. You never know who might be falling in love with your smile.

-Author Unknown

Yeah, I know... It's pretty corny. But as Kate Winslet says in The Holiday, "I'm looking for corny in my life!"

Well, my homework is calling yet again. C'mon people... school is out in a matter of WEEKS. Why pound us with homework now?! I wish I could just ring a bell and all my homework would just finish itself. I'll take it upon myself to invent that bell.

Image Courtesy of: http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee75/DangerousWeasels/Nature.jpg I do not own this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment