Sunday, May 3, 2009

i've never posted this much in my life!

Trust me. I've never posted as much in my life as I have this weekend. There's nothing particularly special about this weekend either... But you know what I think it is? Summer fever. The few weeks before school gets out I just cannot shut up. It's been like that every year. And that's okay with me :) So, thanks to all my followers and readers for putting up with my takeover of their blogger dashboard.

Anyways... Today, I fell in love with nature all over again. So did my camera :) Check it out! Oh, and don't forget to let me know what you think!


Flecks of Gold
And that's the way this wheel keeps working out - John Mayer, Wheel
The infamous Watermelon House! It's just gorgeous. And a huge inspiration!
Sleek and Modern
Beehive of Water :) (Oh, in case you cannot tell, this is actually a watering can I found on a shelf at Lowes. I thought it was so cool!)
The Golden Field
Starfruit
This is another one of those "Essence of Summer" shots. I adore it!
The Purple Alien
I look at this and think of love.
Reminds me of what I picture Greece to look like.
Pretty.
This picture reminds me of Taylor Swift's dress in her Love Story video. Seriously, when I was taking the shot that's the first thing that came to mind! Serenity.
When worlds collide!
Leaves of the Rainforest
(Quite possibly my favorite shot of the day!)
Yellow pine trees?! Cool!
Love this pot :)
Chipping Red
Elephant's Foot
Rainforest at Lowes! ;-)
Pink Lemonade
This is when I wish my camera could take black and white shots... I think this shot would've looked soo cool black and white!
Southern Belle
He loves me... He loves me not...
Twists and Turns
(I think that little shrub/tree-in-the-making/weed by the tree's base is actually a weed,
though I am not sure.) The Treetops
Keep holding on.
New addition to our bare creek
A visitor.
New buds and life
Firetruck Red
Spring 2009

3 comments:

  1. wow, i see so much of myself in you at that age...I got into nature photography literally in my 7th grade art class, I did a project on nature photography and was immediately hooked. You definitely have a good eye, now all you need is the right equipment! it's taken me this long to get just barely enough equipment to do a good variety of things, like sports, nature, close-ups, portraits, etc.
    I hope my blog has influenced you in a good way :) keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I meant to tell you that I really liked your "titles" or photo descriptions! They're so clever! That's one thing I'm not really good at.

    As for equipment, it depends on how much money you're willing to spend!! If you're truly passionate about it and think you'll do it for a long time, then it's worth the investment. I own a Canon 40D, and bought it for like $1500. Mind you that was almost two years ago. That came with the standard 28-135mm lens, which is the perfect lens! Of course, I've had it for like a year and a half and it's been drastically reduced in price, and now their latest, the 50D is cheaper than that.
    If you're looking for a cheaper but awesome camera, the Canon Rebel is a fantastic camera that's a little less professional but still more than just amateur. If you couldn't tell already, I'm a biiig Canon fan. I can't really tell you much about Nikon haha. There's the Rebel XTI and the XSI, the last one being one step above the XTI. They both run around $300-600, depending on if it's new/used/good condition, etc, which if you think about it is just as expensive as some of these fancy little point and shoot cameras.
    Anyhoo, this should be enough information to get you started on looking. Let me know if you have any more questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katie,
    Hey there. I got a notification email saying you left a comment on my blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one going through such things. And when you said 'we're in this together', I completely agree. I pictured two girls holding hands standing tall defending something. Pfft. Anyway, if you ever need to talk, I can keep secrets happiduck@gmail.com. If you've got an e-mail, I can share my stories, too.

    P.S. I looove your photography and promise I will not copy any of it. I just though I'd say I liked it, it's really good.

    P.S. again. I really like your blog. And the blog's title is really catchy, too.

    ReplyDelete